BABIES are beautiful, but they can be expensive. With some smart planning, you can budget for all those newborn essentials.
Here are our top tips to help you keep your bank balance in the black:
• Working out a full budget well before baby arrives.
• Watch out for essentials such as nappies, wipes, wraps and infant clothing on special offer.
• Have a cash chat with your partner. The arrival of a baby can shift usual responsibilities, so it’s best to work out a plan of action.
• Start saving now. The general rule of thumb is to set aside three times the amount we need to live off each month in a special baby savings account.
• Compare the big buys. For those major purchases like your pram, make sure you check out a price comparison site before hitting the shops.
_ KindyNews is a fun and interesting news publication for parents of kids aged seven and under. It is also the place to go for all your eco friendly baby product needs!