Baby wipes are expensive. And babies require a lot of diaper changes (some of which, take a half a dozen wet wipes to clean up after!) Most of the time, they're small so it takes several to get a job done. Sometimes they're too harsh for the face or even the bottom. A few ingredients and some good paper towel can help you make wipes that are customised for scent / skin sensitivity issues and can save you a lot of money as well. The wet wipes you can make from the directions in this hub are soft, smell great, save you money, and stay wet for a long time if left sealed.
Read on for a basic baby wipes recipe that you can customize and that you'll probably use until your baby is in kindergarten for wiping hands, faces, and bottoms.
The ingredients you'll need for homemade wipes are:
- Bounty Paper Towel
- A container with a lid
- A sharp knife
- Hot water
- Mixing bowl
- Baby oil
- Baby wash
- Baby lotion
Use one measured cup of boiling (or very hot) water and add:
- about an eighth of baby oil and the same amount of:
- your favourite baby lotion,
- and liquid baby soap/ baby wash
- Cut Bounty paper towel roll in 1/2 and remove cardboard roll from the centre.
- Insert paper towel roll into your container and pour the mixed liquid.
- Seal with a lid and leave about 24 hours (otherwise it's too oily and wipes will be too hot)