Bit short on cash? Here's a list of some great things to do in Brisbane with your KindyKids if you are on a budget. The costs are based on a family of four, so if there are only two of you, you've already saved half the money!
1. Plant some veggies or herbs together.
Even if you have no garden, you can have so much fun collecting recyclable pots, decorating them, filling them with potting mix and planting seeds.
Cost: $10 to $20.
2. Park at your closest City Cat terminal and take a boat to South Bank for a swim or to New Farm Park for a play.
3. Day at the beach.
Cost $ - Petrol.
4. Bushwalk in one of the many National Parks. The closest is Mt Cootha Forest Park.
5. Rollerblading/biking in the Brisbane City or Mt Cootha Botanic Gardens.
Cost $0! (Ok maybe buy the kindykids an icecream afterwards! mum!
6. Visit the Museum and Art Gallery. KindyNews reporter Sam Jackman has already been there, so don't forget to watch his report! It's quite hilarious actually.
7. Camp-out in your garden or living room depending on weather.
Cost $0 (be prepared for the KindyKids to come back inside at around midnight!)
8. Visit one of the many free markets around town.
9. Kids Bedroom make-over.
Every kids room needs a sort out once in a while and a new ‘look’. School holidays are the perfect opportunity. Search the op shops and internet for cheap ways to update their room.
Cost from $0- well the sky's the limit here really!
10. The No Particular Reason Party. (or a chocolate party)
Invite as many people as you like to bring a plate of finger food.
11. Invite a playdate around.
12. Download some craft activities from one of many
Free children's websites.
13. Go to KindyNews What's On and see what's going down in Brisbane that week and go to it!